Senna is an herb from the legume family, both the leaf and pod of which are often used as laxatives. Moreover, it is sometimes added to supplements for weight loss (however, there is currently no evidence to support this weight loss effect. Due to long-term health risks, donot use Sennato lose weight)
SENNA LEAF AND HEALTH
Helps make stools softer.
Promotes intestinal peristalsis
For liver and bile problems when accompanied by constipation
You will also find Senna in our Herbal Tea Transit.
- Senne leaf pure use only briefly for acute constipation. In combination with Fennel, Caraway, Licorice, Anise, Chamomile and Ginger, Senna Leaf can be used for a longer period of time though.
- Do not bring water for infusion to boiling point.
- Do not use Senna for more than 10 days without a prescription.
- Do not use in pregnancy/breastfeeding
- Do not use during menstruation (may worsen bleeding).
Disclaimer: We cannot be held liable for any damage you may cause yourself by making decisions based on information from this site. If you are currently taking medication, do not stop taking it or replace it without first consulting a doctor. Even during pregnancy, lactation or with children under the age of 2, it is wise to be well informed first.